September 06, 2017
P4P Update: Help for Harvey and Irma
As cleanup from Harvey continues, Hurricane Irma takes aim at the East Coast of the United States, with the now–Category 5 storm tracking toward southern Florida with a potential weekend landfall.
Pilots for Pilots (P4P), ALPA’s emergency relief fund, stands ready to help with:
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Temporary housing not covered by insurance
- Debris removal from primary residence not covered by insurance
- Repairs to primary residence not covered by insurance
- Relocation expenses
- Transportation or evacuation expenses
- Replacement of medical equipment, vehicles, or other personal property not covered by insurance
- Temporary child or elder care
- Travel expenses including airfare, meals, and lodging
Not in the path of the hurricane but want to help? A one-time or recurring donation to P4P will help ALPA members who live in the path of Harvey and Irma and others who face similar disasters in the future. Please donate and encourage your ALPA colleagues to do the same. We’re all just a disaster away from needing Pilots for Pilots—read the stories of 7 pilots helped by P4P.
Make the Walk
As Hurricane Irma approaches Florida over the next couple of days, flight schedules are being disrupted and/or cancelled, and pilot members' travel plans are being impacted as a result. ALPA's Jumpseat Council reminds captains to "make the walk" and ensure that no pilot needing a jumpseat is left behind at the gate.
For additional information about jumpseating, please refer to jumpseat.alpa.org or contact your MEC's jumpseat chairman/coordinator. ALPA's Engineering & Air Safety Department is available as an additional resource (EAS@alpa.org, 800-424-2470).