The Case for Secondary Barriers
Secondary barriers could add an extra layer of security to your flight. Learn more about the issue and then tell Congress to mandate secondary barriers on all commercial passenger planes.
Lithium Batteries Not Included
Lithium batteries are more volatile than many goods currently shipped as hazmat; they can self-ignite when damaged, defective, or exposed to a heat source. Learn more about this important safety issue and tell Congress the United States must set the standard for the safe air shipment of lithium batteries.
The Pilots of ALPA 2016
Read about the more than 52,000 fellow pilots at 30 different pilot groups who continue the legacy as members of the Air Line Pilots Association, International.
Tell Congress to Reauthorize FAA Funding and Uphold Safety Standards
ALPA’s top priority is ensuring that FAA operations continue uninterrupted. We support a long-term bill that provides stable funding to enable the Agency to fulfill its safety mission and to implement NextGen and other air traffic system modernization initiatives.
Proposed FAA Reauthorization Bill Unsafe and Unfair
The legislation, as currently drafted, does not maintain the current level of aviation safety in the United States.
- ALPA Statement on Safe Shipment of Lithium Batteries by Air
- Proposed FAA Reauthorization Bill Fails to Advance Safety
- Air Transat Pilots Vote Overwhelmingly to Authorize Strike
- Redoubling Efforts in Canada in 2016
- New Data Show Steep Decline in International Bookings in U.S. Markets after Gulf Carriers Launch New Service