Family Assistance Working Group
The Family Assistance Working Group (FAWG) focuses on:
- fostering a workplace culture that allows for family work-life balance,
- recommending policy language for companies to provide paid family leaves and support programs, and
- advocating for increased company awareness of the critical role families have in their employees’ lives to improve pilot recruitment and retention.
Every ALPA member has a family, and what this family looks like varies between members. The need for equitable policies and support remains constant for all, and the FAWG is working to provide resources for our members to take care of themselves and their families.
- Breast Feeding Support
- Caring for a Sick Family Member
- Child Care
- Choosing a Licensed Counselor or Therapist
- Death in the Family
- Elder Care
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Family Member with Substance Use Disorder (Addiction)
- Family Member with Mental Health Condition
- LGBTQ Family Members
- Marriage & Domestic Partner
- State Sick and State Paid Leave Information
What support does ALPA Aeromedical provide?
ALPA Aeromedical—also known as the Aviation Medicine Advisory Service, or AMAS—provides free, confidential consultations with medical professionals to all ALPA members in good standing.
Contact AMAS: 303-341-4435
Monday through Friday 0830 to 1600 MT
What is ALPA Pilot Peer Support?
Pilot Peer Support (PPS) connects ALPA members with trained pilot peers to talk about any personal or professional problems you may be experiencing. PPS volunteers listen and offer confidential, nonjudgmental support. Speak with a PPS peer about any concerns that may threaten your medical certificate, career, and life. Peers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be reached at 309-PPS-ALPA (309-777-2572).
If your ALPA group already has an independent support line (e.g., Delta PAN, FedEx Express PATH, JetBlue PAN, and United SOAR), those groups continue to operate under ALPA PPS and can be reached directly:
- ALPA National PPS: 309-PPS-ALPA (309-777-2572)
- Canadian Pilot Assistance: 1-888-FLY-ALPA or 309-777-2572
- Delta PAN: 888-4-DAL-PAN
- FedEx PATH: 866-FDX-ALPA (866-339-2572)
- JetBlue PAN/PPS: 309-PPS-ALPA (309-777-2572)
- United SOAR: 866-653-SOAR (866-653-7627)