This Is Your Captain Speaking
U.S. airline pilots carry more than 700 million people and 12 million tons of cargo each year, contributing nearly $1.5 trillion annually to our economy. That’s why upholding recent FAA safety regulations for pilot training and ﬂight time are so important. Urge Congress to uphold these safety standards and reauthorize FAA funding.
ALPA Prepares for Close of Virgin America Representation Election on Thursday
The vote for Virgin America pilots to elect the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA) as their certified collective bargaining representative closes Thursday, June 4, 2015. Join us then for results and more information.
Restore Open & Fair Skies
State-owned enterprises (SOE) are a rapidly evolving threat to the U.S. airline industry. Thanks to Open Skies agreements, they're able to fly into the United States. But "open skies" doesn't mean "fair skies"; these airlines receive billions in subsidies from their governments—subsidies that aren't allowed under the Open Skies agreements they use to gain access to American cities.
State of Our Skies: Canada
Canadian airlines, like those in the rest of North America, are facing turbulence in the global marketplace.
Read Capt. Canoll’s Op-Ed in The Hill
FAA Reauthorization Must Put Safety First
- ALPA Launches “This is Your Captain Speaking” Ad Campaign
- ALPA Welcomes CBP Plans to Help U.S. Airlines’ Passengers Clear Customs
- Leadership from the Cockpit: Repeal the Excise Tax on Employer-Sponsored Health-Care Plans
- Mayors of U.S. Cities Stand Up for a Level Playing Field and American Jobs
- Alaska Air, JetBlue Take Top Spots in JD Power Airline Survey