Canadian Member Plans
The following benefit plans are administered by the ALPA Canada Insurance Trust, which is a committee of the Canada Board.
MyFuture Plans for Members Who Lose Employer Benefits
As of October 1, 2020, ALPA is offering a new program for Canadian members who lose access to employer-sponsored benefits due to termination of employment, retirement, or layoff. The program is called MyFuture and is administered by Morneau Shepell.
- Insurance products specifically designed for ALPA Canada members who lose employer-sponsored benefits due to termination, retirement, or furlough.
- The flexibility to choose the right products versus the pre-defined "bundles" of products often found in the market today.
- Guaranteed insurance options include medical, life insurance, dental, critical illness, and travel benefits.
- Competitive rates, with additional discounts available through an online good health questionnaire.
- The platform to shop, enroll and make changes online, at any time, from any device.
- The ability to periodically change insurance carriers within the same level of coverage, regardless of preexisting conditions.
- Support through the insurance selection process including tools to recommend coverage that’s right for them—backed by a team of telephone-accessible experts.
Watch the video on MyFuture website to learn more.
If you wish to learn more and/or enroll in MyFuture you must request an Access Code.
Basic Life Insurance
Basic Life Insurance of $20,000 is payable in the event of the death of a covered Canadian resident who is a member of ALPA, regardless of location or cause of death. We have an expedited claims procedure in place to provide funds quickly to the named beneficiary. It is a universal plan for ALPA Canada pilots. Coverage is not available to pilots on a leave of absence. It is important that you designate a beneficiary for this insurance plan.
Optional Group Life Insurance
Optional Group Life Insurance is available in amounts from $50,000 to $500,000 in $50,000 increments.
The plan, upon enrollment by the eligible member, provides insurance for the pilot, for covered dependents (see enrollment forms for details) and, separately, for covered spouses. This program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Financial Services Inc. (iA Financial Group), can supplement insurance available through the pilot’s employer.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance may also be purchased, in an amount equal to the insured’s Optional Group Life Insurance.
Eligible members with a Cat. 1 medical can enroll in their selected Optional Life coverage level at rates which are distinguished by gender and by smoking status. For any member not currently covered by a Cat. 1 medical , coverage can be accessed through medical underwriting. Spouses must complete a health statement which is subject to satisfactory review in order for coverage to be effected.
Information on how to make changes to your existing coverage such as changing insurance amounts, changing a beneficiary, and updating banking or personal information can be found in the FAQ section.
For further information regarding any of the voluntary coverages, please contact HUB International via toll-free phone at 1-888-724-1444 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- Canadian Insurance Plans Brochure (all)
- Canadian Optional Life Brochure
- Canada ALPA Members Booklet: English | French
- Access Your ALPA Benefits Anytime with BenefitsSpot English | French
- BenefitsSpot Frequently Asked Questions English | French
Group Auto & Home
Group Auto and Home Insurance that's right for you. Available through Co-operators Group Insurance. View website.
Group Critical Illness
Teladoc Medical Experts (previously Best Doctors)
Teladoc Medical Experts service is a valuable ALPA Canadian membership benefit provided to you with the support of your Canada Board for instances when you are facing any degree of medical uncertainty. Get more information.