Air Line Pilots Association Scholarship Program
The applicant must be a child of a medically retired, long-term disabled, or deceased pilot member of the Air Line Pilots Association.
One 4-year undergraduate college scholarship is awarded each year. The total monetary value is $60,000 with $15,000 disbursed annually to the recipient for four consecutive years, provided that adequate academic standing is maintained (3.0 GPA).
Although the program envisions selection of a student enrolling as a college freshman, eligible individuals who are already enrolled in college may also apply. The student must be enrolled in a program of studies principally creditable toward a baccalaureate degree.
The Vice President-Administration and Vice President-Finance of the Association are charged with the responsibility of selecting the recipient(s). Both academic capability and financial need are given appropriate consideration.
Selection(s) are made by no later than July of each year.
Applications for the scholarship should not be submitted prior to an applicant's senior year in high school and preferably after the first semester of that senior year.
Eligible applicants should direct requests for scholarship applications to GoverningBodies@alpa.org or by mail Air Line Pilots Association: Governing Bodies, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 400S, McLean VA 22102. Applications and related secondary school performance documentation must be received no later than April 1, 2024, for the 2024–2025 college year term.
**Applicants who have been enrolled in college must submit a copy of all college courses and course grades received to date in addition to the application and required high school performance data.
Costas Sivyllis ALPA Education Scholarship
AWARDS (up to $10,000 Yearly)
Multiple scholarships totaling a value of $10,000 will be awarded to candidates displaying exemplary aviation career goals. Awards will be allocated at the discretion of the ALPA Education Committee in terms of individual dollar amounts and number of awards granted. Applicants may apply for a scholarship, even if they have received this or another type of scholarship.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
May 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in an aviation field and actively enrolled in a flight training course at one of the following colleges/universities:
- Arizona State University
- Central Washington University
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Prescott, Ariz.
- Indiana State University
- Lewis University
- Louisiana Tech University
- Oklahoma State University
- Parks College of St. Louis University
- Purdue University
- Southern Illinois University
- University of North Dakota
- Western Michigan University
- Active in the ALPA education program at their university - e.g., ALPA ACE Club
- Have at least a 3.0 (4.0 scale) or 3.5 (5.0 scale) GPA
The ALPA Education Committee is charged with the responsibility of selecting the award recipients. Academic capability, financial need, and demonstrated commitment to an aviation career may be considered.
Selection(s) are made by no later than August 4, 2023.
In addition to completing the form below, all applications must include the following documents:
- Your Story (Essay)
- Current Resume
- Current Transcripts
- Current Pilot Certificate
- Current Medical Certificate
- Any Additional Certificate/Rating Documentation
- 2 Recent Letters of Recommendation (Recommendations should not be more than 1-year old)
- 1 from an instructor/professor
- 1 from someone other than an instructor/professor
The application deadline is May 15, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed by the ALPA Education Committee.
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
The Education Committee will make its final selection by August 4, 2023. Academic capability, financial need, and demonstrated commitment to an aviation career may be considered. In addition, the selection process may involve a phone interview.