Risk Management Course (RMC)
The RMC is conducted over a two and one-half day period and will equip air safety representatives such as Safety Committee Chairmen, Event Review Committee (ERC) members and FOQA gate-keepers with a sound foundation from which to successfully perform their assigned responsibilities. The attendee will be provided with the functional knowledge and ability to work with management and regulators in the areas of hazard identification, risk management and mitigation. Upon successful completion of the RMC, the air safety representative will be able to serve effectively as a FOQA gate-keeper and/or ERC member within an SMS context.
Course content includes:
- Safety Management System (SMS) / Safety Risk Management (SRM)
- Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA)
- Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP)
- Conflict resolution
- Cognitive interviewing
- Consensus building
Skills upon completion
- Application of the principles of SMS/SRM and Safety Assurance
- Functional knowledge of ASAP, FOQA and data analysis process
- Ability to effectively serve as a safety team member, focusing on building consensus.
The attendee’s MEC/CASC budget is responsible for all pilot expenses: travel, lodging, meals, and flight pay loss (FPL), if required. This includes no-show penalties for hotel rooms where reservations have been requested and NOT canceled 48 hours prior to arrival and/or if the attendee fails to notify the hotel, during check-in, of a different departure date than the reserved.