Below is a list of the incumbent Members of the 112th Congress who received financial support from ALPA-PAC for the 2011-2012 election cycle. The list includes a wide range of Democrats and Republicans of every ideological stripe and is evidence of ALPA’s diverse contingency of supporters.
Decisions on who earns ALPA-PAC’s support are based on Members work and commitment to pro-pilot objectives. During the 112th Congress, examples of such issues have included:
• Reauthorizing the Federal Aviation Administration;
• Securing One Level of Security for both passenger and cargo aircraft;
• Reforming the U.S. Export-Import Bank
• Updating regulations on pilot flight time and rest requirements;
• Maintaing the current tax-free status of employer-provided benefits;
• Foreign control and ownership;
• A wide variety of specific safety, security and economic issues.
Only after carefully reviewing the voting records and political positions of incumbents on issues of direct interest to ALPA members is a determination made as to which candidates earn ALPA-PAC support. All ALPA-PAC recipients have either demonstrated their support for ALPA’s position on key legislative issues or will be valuable friends to ALPA on future initiatives.
ALPA-PAC is one of the most bipartisan Labor PACs in Washington, D.C. All decisions regarding support are made without regard to party affiliation. ALPA-PAC is the only way that ALPA national participates directly in the federal election process; ALPA national does not use any member dues money for this purpose.
If you have questions about the PAC or a specific candidate, feel free to contact the ALPA Government Affairs Department at 1-888-359-2572 ext. 4033 or via email at email@example.com.